By 2025, Inditex will reduce its virgin plastic footprint by at least 50% compared to 2019. For that purpose, our total plastic packaging will be reduced by 20% compared to 2019 and we will increase our recycled content plastic packaging to 30% compared to 2019.
Reduction of single-use plastic:
- Total elimination of plastic in B2C (client's bags, perfume plastics packaging, navets (plastic thread used to attach labels to garments)
- Update of the internal regulations to standardize technical characteristics of plastic packaging (reduction of plastic gauges, optimization of the size of the packaging according to the garment, etc.)
- Reuse of hangers
Replacing virgin plastic with recycled:
- Technological improvements in the field of plastics recycling
- Work with best in class plastics suppliers
- Recirculate our own plastic waste when technically possible.
- Increase recycled content in B2B plastics
- Perform analysis about packaging best practices, and develop a track and trace tool of all our packaging flow